Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

I have always loved Halloween. I love picking out a costume and dressing up for the night. I was especially excited for this year's celebration because I was going to get to pick out a costume for my little guy. One day, while at Babies R Us (a regular stop for me these days), I saw the cutest little outfit. It was a mini Frankenstein costume with Little Monster embroidered on the chest. This was perfect. Braeden is a great kid, but he is definitely my little monster. While the outfit was super cute, I would probably choose something with feet and a little more comfort next time around. Braeden wasn't a huge fan of wearing it, but he sure looked cute.

On Halloween morning we met my friend's Liz and Judy at the zoo with their kids. Every year the Denver Zoo holds an event called Boo at the Zoo. All the kids dress up and they have trick or treat stations throughout the zoo. They also have a picture taking station. Somehow, Liz and I managed to get a picture where both boys were looking at the camera, kind of impressive for 5 month olds. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time, strolling the kids around the zoo. Braeden didn't really get it this year, in fact, he slept half the time, but I'm sure it will be an event he looks forward to when he gets older.


Halloween night was mellow. For the past 3 years we have hung out at our house for Halloween night to pass out candy. Chad bought a gorilla costume a few years back and it has definitely been a hit with the kids in our neighborhood. Chad sits on the porch in his chimp outfit with the bowl of candy on his lap and pretends he is stuffed. It is hilarious to watch the kids try to figure out if he is "real or not". Chad is so good at staying still as they poke and prod at him and as soon as they go for the candy he will grab their hand and the screams abound. Of course, he only does this for "the big kids". He is a happy, waving gorilla for the little guys. Because of Chad and his gorilla suit, we have become a popular trick or treating house in the neighborhood. I hear the kids saying "Remember me gorilla, I was batman last year" and "I look forward to this house every year." Even when Chad is mowing the lawn in the summer, kids will walk by and say "Hey gorilla man." If we ever sell this house, we will have to tell the new owners that they have to dress as a gorilla on Halloween as not to disappoint the neighborhood kiddos.


On a side note, Gorilla Chad was also a hit with Braeden. I was so sure that Braeden would be terrified of the gorilla. I was amazed when he was all smiles and trying to pull off the fur. I'm sure this won't be the last time my little guy surprises me.


I can't wait until the next Halloween when Braeden is mobile...what will he be...only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Can your little guy get any cuter?? I LOVE the costume! I also love Halloween and I think it's SO GREAT that Chad dresses up in the gorilla costume, how fun is that! I hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the Christmas season so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen a lot of baby costumes but in terms of a boy newborn-ish costume, I think this one is the best! And he looks so good in it! When you were telling the story about Chad in the gorilla- I couldn't help but think of America's Funniest Videos. Maybe next year you should put a camera out there to record the insanity and then win $10,000! So cute Brook. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete