Saturday, August 1, 2009

Christian gets married!

I am a person who absolutely loves weddings! It is always such a happy event when 2 people commit to each other for a lifetime in front of their friends and family. I am always amazed how each wedding takes on the personality of the couple getting married, big or small, fancy or low key, I can honestly say I have never been to a bad wedding.


On August 1st, we attended our second wedding of the summer. One of Chad's best friend's, Christian, got married in a small mountain town called Georgetown. It was a beautiful day and a perfect setting for their outdoor ceremony. Chad was a groomsman, and he looked great in his tux, as did our little guy, Braeden, who got to wear his tux onesie for the second time :-) This wedding also held a special place in my heart because it was one day before our one year anniversary. As I watched the ceremony and celebrated at the reception, I continuously thought back to our own wedding only one year ago. That is such a great memory for Chad and I, it was really the perfect day. I have to say my life has gotten better and better ever since.


One of my favorite parts of this wedding was the first dance for Christian and Allison. There was a small pond behind the area where the ceremony took place. As soon as the ceremony was over, and they were pronounced husband and wife, Christian and Allison floated out on the pond on what I can only describe as a floating dance floor, complete with pleather couch, champagne and strawberries. It was very cool. After the ceremony, the reception was held in a greenhouse on the property. It was a fun night and Braeden did a great job all things considered. When we finally got home around 11:30 (wayyyy past his bedtime) he was exhausted. Despite my efforts to get him to sleep, Braeden was too interested in everything going on to sleep for too long. (He did join Chad and I in a dance at one point of the night). He finally fell asleep on the way home and he didn't make a peep as a transferred him from his car seat to the the Pack and Play bassinet we brought up.


I feel so lucky to have such an amazing family at this point in my life. Looking back just a few years, I never imagined I would be happily married to the most awesome husband and the proud mother of an incredible baby boy at this point in my life. I know things are just going to get better and better with each anniversary!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun at your wedding last summer and love that our anniversary is just one day apart. What a neat wedding and I love the floating platform. Pretty cool. And Braeden looks equally as cute in the tuxedo onesie as last time! :)

    ReplyDelete