Monday, July 20, 2009

JJ's Wedding

On June 27th, one of my best friends got married. JJ and I have known each other since first grade. We have had sooo many fun times together, and I felt so honored to share this amazing time in her life.
The event started on Friday night with the rehearsal dinner at La Fogata, one of JJ & Chad's favorite restaurants (her husband's name is also Chad :-) It was great food, drink and company. It was also Breaden's first times out to dinner with a big group and he did so great as he was passed around from person to person. I wasn't sure Candy, JJ's mom, was going to give him back after she started holding him. It was obvious she will be hoping for her own grandchildren soon.

On Saturday morning, Braeden and I made our way down to the Parkside Mansion,by City Park, where JJ was getting married. It was such a great morning. JJ arranged for hair and makeup to be done on site. This was such a treat for me, as I had spent most of my mornings during the previous month racing to get ready while Braeden slept. I can't tell you how many days my hair looks a little ragged and I wear no make up at all (especially during those first few weeks.) All of the women there had a great time, and again Braeden was a hit. He spent the morning being passed around and eventually fell asleep on Allison's chest (one of the other bridesmaids.)


Chad showed up around 9:30 to take over the baby watching duties. Again, I have to say how lucky I am to have such an awesome husband. I never hesitate to have Chad watch Braeden, he is a great father. I finished getting ready and it was off to take pictures with the girls for the wedding. It was a morning wedding (11 am) so everything happened early. The bridesmaids were ready and we all waited anxiously as JJ put on her dress. She looked so beautiful. The wedding was on the patio on the top level of the Mansion and it was really a beautiful ceremony. A lunch reception in the ballroom followed. The reception was especially fun for me, as I got to catch up with a lot of volleyball friends that I hadn't seen since Breaden's birth.

Since this was Braeden's first wedding, I had to make sure he was dressed for the occasion. A few weeks earlier I scoured the Internet for Tuxedo onesies. I found one, ordered it, and waited to see how the little guy would fill it out (the smallest size was 3-6 months). He will be able to use it again at a wedding at the beginning of August. I have to say, he was one of the best looking guys there! He was also one of the best behaved. Lucky for his parents, Breaden slept through most of the reception, leaving Chad and I a little more at east to enjoy the festivities. Many of our friends at the wedding already have kids and I soon realized that there are really perks of every age for children. As Braeden slept soundly next to our chairs at the table, our friend Danielle said, "I remember when we could put our baby under the table." They are the proud parents of a 2 year old little girl who would have been running all over the reception. I try to take some time each day and really appreciate Braeden for the age he is now. They grow so quickly and each moment is so precious.
The reception ended at about 3 in the afternoon and most of the attendees were making their way over to the Candelight (one of JJ & and Chad's favorite bars) for a wedding after party. Again, because of my great husband (and Braeden's acceptance of bottles), I was able to continue to celebrate with JJ on her special day. Chad made a quick appearance with Braeden at the Candlelight before taking him home, and I stayed an extra hour or so. It was really a great day. JJ looked amazing and more importantly, she looked so happy to be marrying her Chad. I look forward to all of the fun times ahead for the Baker and Bomgaars families!

2 comments:

  1. Brook- you look amazing! And Braeden, he is such a handsome boy! I am glad you had such a great time at the wedding. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun to see - JJ forwarded me the link! You are such an amazing mom! lucky Braeden!!

    It was so nice to see you!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete