Thursday, July 16, 2009

Meeting Declan

I consider myself very lucky to have gone through pregnancy, and now motherhood, with my best friend Liz. I have known Liz since 4th grade and we have gone through many of lifes challenges together. When Liz and I found out we were both pregnant and due within weeks of each other, we were both so excited.

Liz had her little boy, Declan, on May 8th, 2009. He was so cute and I could hardly wait to meet my own little baby (at this point we still didn't know if it was a boy or girl).



When Braeden was about 3 weeks old, we mad the trip over to Liz's house so the boys could meet. While they had no idea the other existed at this point, it was still exciting for me and Liz to get them together (and for us to catch up as friends.) As most moms will tell you, play dates are as much for the moms as they are for the kids, if not more.
Hopefully, Declan and Braeden will grow to be as good as friends as Liz and I. One things for sure, they will be spending lots of time together in the years to come :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment